Friday, February 17, 2017

Knocking on Satan's Door excerpt 1

Knocking on Satan’s Door excerpt 1
Wicked Witches, Devils & Dragons
© Paul DeThroe 2016



“I’m going to show you the real reason I come here,” Brandon walked behind the casket, bent over, pulled out a brass candelabra and a plastic storage bag full of half burnt black candles. He meticulously placed one candle into each of the candle holders, set it down atop the casket, and then started lighting them.

“What are you doing?” Preston whispered, as if afraid for his very life.

“I can only tell you if you promise never to tell anyone,” Brandon spoke in a hushed tone.

“I promise,” Preston swore, now the subservient one.

“Good,” Brandon smiled, his face becoming long and fearsome from the light of the flickering candles. “I have a confession to make; I am a wizard.”

“A wizard?” Preston asked, unconvinced.          
                      
“Yes; and a black one at that!”

“A black wizard; I’m not sure what that means?”

“Have you ever heard of Aleister Crowley?”

“No.”

“Alright, let me rephrase that. Have you ever heard the song, ‘Mr. Crowley’ by Ozzy Osbourne?”

“Oh yea, I’ve heard it at a party here or there.”

“Well, it’s about this famous black wizard. I subscribe to his theory.”

“What’s his theory?”

“Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law.”

“Ah, what does that mean?”

“In witchcraft there is a law of three.”

“Like on the series about three sexy witches that fight demon lords?”

“Kind of, but not really; Let me explain. Whatever type of spell a witch performs comes back to them in terms of karma, threefold, or in layman terms, three times. So, if a witch does a good spell to help someone, then it comes back on the witch threefold.”

“And if the witch does an evil spell, it also comes back on the witch three times.”

“Correct, but Crowley came up with a new idea. If you use magic to will a thought, an action, or a desired outcome into existence, the law of three doesn’t exist. This allows wizards like me to perform spells without any repercussions.”

“That’s pretty amazing, Brandon! Show me how it works.”

Brandon did as requested. He took a stick and drew a magickal circle around the edges of the tomb, then went back to the casket and started chanting some archaic ritual, in words Preston didn’t understand. When it was over, nothing spectacular had happened, but Preston was hooked. He wanted to become a black wizard.

$6.66 @ Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/1543010792/



 Paul DeThroe
Paul DeThroe
http://pauldethroe.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

And your view is?