Monday, June 20, 2016

One Last Magick Ride, excerpt from Nightmare Worlds

One Last Magick Ride

© 2016 Paul DeThroe
Excerpt from Nightmare Worlds, Collection of Weird & Frightening Tales

The tension I felt told me that they thought I was about to blow the place up with one of their bombs, but I was undeterred by the chilly reception. I had important things to say, and I was going to say them, and they were going to listen.

“Leaders of this brave new world; listen!” I began my hypnotic diatribe. 

“You’ve gathered in this iconic building under the guise of being united, but never before have you ever been so divided!”

The shocked looks on the faces of the men and women ambassadors began to change, and they looked at each other oddly, not knowing how to react.

“I am from a different time and place,” I blurted out, not knowing how they would take that revelation. “I am a wizard from days gone by, from when magick was alive and filled the air. This is no longer the case. I arrived in this world, not knowing what to expect. I’ve found that intentions are grand, but actions have failed to live up to hype. This age seems to have reached a tipping point. The acquisition of energy seems to topple all agreements and vows of peace. Instead of working together to build a utopian society, cultural divides have splintered the world into peoples who merely cry out for peace, but those cries have been ignored by leaders who seek nothing but war, to gain ground in their petty desires to control natural resources. You should all be ashamed!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your view is?