Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Poetry Month Gone Dark: DS Scott's 'Feast' & 'The Reluctant Kill'


Feast - © D. S. Scott - 2015

I raise a glass and make a toast
To the greatest family on earth
At one and all, I have to boast
About each and everyone’s worth

We bless what lies before us all
This wondrous and tasty meal
I stand with pride and oh-so tall
Gazing upon our food with appeal

Joining with us all here tonight
He is our truly, wonderful guest
It is to my own great delight
To say he shall be, the very best

Now before we start to dig in
I have a request for you, Mother
Bring the wine so we may begin
Oh, and Sister go grab your Brother

As we are now all together here
It is time to end our friend’s life
Nana, would you be such a dear
And please hand me the carving knife?

I cut deep into his pale flesh
We all relish at the screams
The arising aroma is so fresh
And I watch as my family beams

Arterial blood splashes here and there
Now that I carve into his rump
To be honest, I do not want to share
But there is plenty, so juicy and plump

Now I tear into the chest cavity
I take my time picking around the bones
I break through the ribs and have a see
Next, pillaging every organ that he owns

So yes, maybe I am some great sinner
I know what I am doing is wrong
But I do so enjoy time for dinner
It is when we can all get along

Come now, what did I just say?
Can we not have a nice dinner for once?
That’s all I ask from you on this day
Or would you like to go on your own hunts?

Come on children, stop your fighting
There is plenty of it, to go around
What is before you, you should be biting
Or you know trouble, will be found

Finally, we find some rest and peace
Some pleasant quiet all around us
At last, the craziness has come to cease
And there is no more making any fuss

So, together we go about our feast
We shred and devour, all the meat
Outsiders would think each of us a beast
But a man and his family, have to eat



The Reluctant Kill - © D. S. Scott - 2015

One last time, I’m going to sin
I lie to myself and say it again
The demon’s voices are wailing
And my self-control is failing

I really cannot keep from it, anymore
The time has come to embrace the gore
Having nothing else left to do
There is no way to say no to you

As I get ready and start to prepare
I try to fight back my sense of care
I wish I could get better but it is too late
There is just no way to rehabilitate

Now with complete control over me
You gave me blinders, this is all I see
As much as I would like to go and fight it
I find myself enjoying it, more than a bit

I realize tonight will be number ten
Oh, what fun each family has been
I slash and shred until nothing is left
Finally, their lives will be my theft

Not until though, not until
There is so much to do, still
I have found that their crying is the worst
But at least it is them that do it first

I cannot, will not, show my pain
I do not have a conscience, I am insane
I must not show them, I too am weak
Or the reasoning behind this they will seek

Asking their questions, they cry out
They plead, beg for mercy and shout
I pretend their cries fall on deaf ears
When I, myself, have to fight back tears

I can feel my anger begin to turn
It is when my eyes start to burn
Over and over, the voices urge me on
My God, I wish I would want them gone

Taking my anger out on them
I go without plan and act on whim
This time the father tries to fight back
That is when I choose to attack

It is so much easier when they act first
Their simple submission is the worst
So I fight him and tie him to a chair
To be honest, it almost doesn’t seem fair

Next, I make him watch it all
I revel in each outcry and call
First, taking everything from his wife
I slice off her face with a kitchen knife

Then, comes the little daughter
I laughed along as I fought her
I like every noise that she makes
Her slit wrists pool like little lakes

The last is for their young son
I have to savor every last bit of fun
After cutting out his tongue to stop the squeal
His danger of drowning in the blood is real

As I listen to them screaming
I simply cannot keep from beaming
But I know my time is at an end
I am so lucky to have been able to attend

At last, I stab the man in the head
The finale to the show of the dead
I don’t always get along with the voices
Although, I do usually like their choices

Still, I have my few and slight regrets
The day will come when I will pay my debts
Seems I do have a conscience, after all of this
And I find myself, once again, lost in my abyss

For I am the one, with the reluctant kill
And yet I enjoy it, so much still
I’ll do it again and again, I swear
I will continue to do all I can bear

DS Scott's Bio:

When D. S. Scott was fourteen, a friend suggested he write a short story. He began writing and immediately took an interest in it. A couple weeks later he finished and was surprised to find how much he enjoyed writing it. In the years since, Scott has written in several genres but has found a particular interest in horror and suspense. He enjoys writing poetry, short stories and has started on a novel. Finding writing to be a creative outlet, he kept with it and followed his goal to publish.

He currently lives in North Carolina with his dog, Bandit.

Links: 

Sulfur & Silk - D. S. Scott - Writer - Facebook Page 


Amazon - He Comes In Many Forms 


Smashwords - He Comes In Many Forms 



No comments:

Post a Comment

And your view is?