Monday, April 20, 2015

Poetry Month Gone Dark: DS Scott's Witch


Witch - © D. S. Scott - 2015

I am torn and bloody, whipped with birch
While you all sit and watch from your holy perch
Safety from an evil one, you look for and search
Thinking you will be protected by some church

I must find humor because I know otherwise
Your actions thought to save, will bring demise
To the ways of the world, you will soon be wise
I promise you this, I will tell you no lies

You cry and rage that the devil dwells inside
This simple truth, I will not try to hide
I am his servant and I must always abide
Up to the last moment when I have died

He is the true leader of your dear universe
And he giveth to me the power to curse
So you shall see, I will make it all worse
I will cast such spells, that have no reverse

Throughout my trials you covered me in pitch
You set me on fire and threw me into a ditch
Finding you couldn’t burn me, you called me witch
And your tactics for murder you had to switch

Trying to get rid of me, you cast me into the moat
You tried to drown me but all I did was float
Finally, you cast amongst yourselves a vote
And decided upon the fate of rope ‘round my throat

Now as I walk, I look up and see the gallow
Below, meant for me, lies a grave so shallow
Some think to the ways of the world I am callow
But the ground I walk is something to hallow

At last, the time has come for me to hang
I let out a shrill laugh followed by a harangue
Then as the rope snapped tight, bells rang
And all around people went and sang

At last you have finally gone and killed me
But all along these were my plans for thee
I swear, Lucifer shall come back for you all to see
Even God himself cannot stop what is to be

Satan himself will come back, you fool
He will not be confined to some burning pool
Putting me amongst you, he used me as a tool
I have simply paved the way for his glorious rule


 DS Scott's Bio:

When D. S. Scott was fourteen, a friend suggested he write a short story. He began writing and immediately took an interest in it. A couple weeks later he finished and was surprised to find how much he enjoyed writing it. In the years since, Scott has written in several genres but has found a particular interest in horror and suspense. He enjoys writing poetry, short stories and has started on a novel. Finding writing to be a creative outlet, he kept with it and followed his goal to publish.

He currently lives in North Carolina with his dog, Bandit.

Links:

Sulfur & Silk - D. S. Scott - Writer - Facebook Page


Amazon - He Comes In Many Forms



Smashwords - He Comes In Many Forms



Click to Purchase Paul DeThroe's Dark Fiction Novels @ Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your view is?